ABB is a global company. Leader in electricity transmission and distribution, process and production automation and electrical, electronic and installation products and systems. We are at the forefront of innovation, following trends and thinking along with our customers. We have brought together 150,000 people working together in more than 100 countries around the world.
Over the last decade ABB has consistently invested in delivering power for the transportation of tomorrow, bringing the digital and physical worlds together. Since entering the EV-charging market a decade ago, ABB has sold more than 17,000 DC fast chargers across more than 80 countries. We are now the partner of choice for the world’s biggest electric vehicle OEMs and nationwide EV charging network operators. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
From intelligent insights to complete electrification solutions, ABB has the resources and technological leadership to make our customer’s e-mobility vision a safe, smart, and sustainable reality.
Within ABB the product group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI) lays the foundations for a future of smarter, reliable, and emission-free mobility, accessible by everyone, everywhere. ABB offers a total solution from compact, high quality AC wallboxes, reliable DC fast charging stations with robust connectivity, to innovative on-demand electric bus charging systems. We deploy infrastructure that meet the needs of the next generation of smarter mobility.
ABB connected chargers enable fast global service and pro-active maintenance. ABB is market leader and has years of experience in creating, installing and maintaining charging infrastructure, including several nationwide charger networks.
For the development of its E-Mobility cloud platform, ABB Product Group Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure is looking for:
- You will help extending our modern platform to connect, manage and maintain a fleet of thousands of electric charging stations all over the world;
- You will be the lead engineer of the frontend part of our system, supported by the overall system architect and a team of full stack developers
- You will work in a team of talented engineers in an open and informal environment;
- You will help the product owner to build a first in class usability by contributing your technical knowledge, experience and love for detail
- You have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Usability Design, Applied Computer Programming or a similar field;
- You have 5+ years of experience as a frontend or full stack developer
- You are willing to work in a team spreading different countries and technologies and are a clear verbal and written communicator in at least English;
- You have an interest in practical software development with focus on the frontend but capabilities to contribute to backend services as well;
- You are a fast learner and have ambition to get better and proficient in new technologies and patterns;
- Having experience with Agile principles and DevOps is preferred
- You see complexity as a challenge to find ways to master it
- You have a solid foundation in multiple programming languages, at least Typescript/JS and one backend language, preferably C#;
- You have in depth knowledge about API design for web applications including authorization flows;
- You have a UX mindset and you can bring sketches and design specifications into reality;
- You can contribute to the backend parts in end-to-end feature development. Ideally with experience in Asp.net core
- You have knowledge of microservice architectures running in orchestrated clusters (like Kubernetes, preferably Service Fabric) and PAAS cloud services (preferably Azure)
- You have experience with VSCode and VisualStudio or similar;
- You have experience with Git, Github, VSTS/Azure Devops;
- You have a fable for command line based workflows, e.g. PowerShell;
- Your tech stack contains LESS/SASS/CSS, gulp, TypeScript, JS, Vue.js
- You have experience with continuous integration/testing/delivery